Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekend

We had an amazing weekend.  The whole family went on a trip early Saturday morning to meet my brother and his family in Menominee, to pick up a piece of equipment from Minnesota they picked up for us.  Between us we have five kids, and the six hour drive for each of us was extremely fun with a two and a half year old and eight month old..... But with a little careful planning it really isn't that bad.  We make sure that we stop several times to let them out in the fresh air and the older one to run around.  We got to play at a lovely little playground in Menominee that was right on Lake Michigan, beautiful view!

 
We got home about midnight last night, and had what is probably a normal night for us. This would involve wrestling babies into jammies, begging them to fall asleep, and then waking up a dozen times in the night to put the two-year-old back to bed.  I think that she might sleep walk.  I woke up at one point to her sleeping on our floor and when I tried to pick her up and bring her into our bed, she fought me off and climbed back into her own bed.... it is a wonder that any of us function in the mornings.
 
We had great weather today, it was almost 70 degrees.  For Northern Michigan that is great.  We had a lot of out side time, working in the yard.  I discovered that the neighborhood rabbits have been munching on my Burning Bush and fruit trees.  I am going to try some natural rabbit repelents and let you all know what works. 
 
My big girl was cleaning up her toys and layed down right on the floor to "just rest Mama", love my babies!  Have a great night, tomorrow I will show you all the dress that I am working on! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment